School and Conference on Computational Commutative Algebra (COCOA 2020)
The COCOA 2020 has been postponed because of coronavirus precautions and will be moved from its originally scheduled March dates to August 17-22, 2020.
CoCoA is a computer algebra system, which specializes in handling ideals and modules over rings of multivariate polynomials. The techniques used are mainly based on the theory of Gröbner bases.
Continuing the series of COCOA schools and workshops which have been organized since 1999 in Torino, Italy, the International Workshop on Computer Algebra: COCOA 2020 will take place in March 9-15, 2020 at Hue University of Education, Hue city, Vietnam. The aim of this workshop is to offer researchers an exposition to contemporary research topics in Computer Algebra and Computational Commutative Algebra and to give an opportunity for young researchers to learn recent developments in these research areas and to discuss their topics with other researchers and well-known professors. COCOA 2020 follows the previous very successful format with two carefully selected intensive courses plus tutorials (using the computer algebra system CoCoA) and expert talks conducted by eminent researchers in the field. There will be a poster session for showcasing contemporary and ongoing research by young researchers. The workshop is devoted to the 75th anniversary of Professor Lorenzo Robbiano.
In addition, the workshop also provides a mini-conference for university academics, scholars and researchers around the world to share their knowledge and latest results in Computer Algebra, Commutative Algebra and Algebraic Geometry.
The COCOA 2020 is funded by:
- Institute of Mathematics, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (IMH)
- Hue University of Education (HUE)
- International Centre for Pure and Applied Mathematics (CIMPA)
- Southeast Asian Mathematical Society (SEAMS)
- Prof. Dr. Martin Kreuzer (University of Passau, Germany)
- Prof. Dr. Lorenzo Robbiano (University of Genoa, Italy)
- Prof. Dr. Ngo Viet Trung (Institute of Mathematics, VAST, Vietnam)
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Le Anh Phuong (Chairman, Hue University of Education, Vietnam)
- Prof. Dr. Ngo Viet Trung (Co-Chair, Institute of Mathematics, VAST, Vietnam)
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Dinh Luyen (Vice Chairman, Hue University of Education, Vietnam)
- Dr. Ha Viet Hai (Hue University of Education, Vietnam)
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Doan The Hieu (Hue University of Education, Vietnam)
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Cao Huy Linh (Hue University of Education, Vietnam)
- Dr. Tran Nguyen Khanh Linh (Hue University of Education, Vietnam)
- Dr. Le Ngoc Long (Hue University of Education, Vietnam)
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Tran Kiem Minh (Hue University of Education, Vietnam)
- Prof. Dr. Le Van Thuyet (Hue University of Education, Vietnam)
For more detail, please see: http://cocoa.dhsphue.edu.vn/Modules/Tintuc/front_detail_news.aspx?idmenu=1170